About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yoga, Ouch


So, I did yoga for the first time ever on Monday. I only did half of one program (not even really half; I did 13 minutes and 41 seconds of the entire 30 minute program). Why is my body so unbelievably sore? I've been working out consistently for the last 4 weeks straight (5 days a week, Monday thru Friday) and I feel like my body has been run over just because of some deep stretching and breathing. 

I am reminded of elementary school when we were instructed to touch our toes without bending ours knees ( I could never reach, the tips of my fingers can barely graze my shins). I suppose if I had tried more to become more flexible as a child I wouldn't be so stiff and inflexible as an adult. 



I'll give yoga another try later this week (when it stops hurting to breath).

Still a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment