About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Multifaceted


When I started this blog, I started because I had/have so much to say. Obviously, I just have random comments or bits of inpirational or encouraging words for people. Other times, you can see just some of my rambles about nothing in particular. A friend and I were talking today and he asked me why I didn't post any of my poetry on my page. This made me wonder because I have been reading and inspired by poetry since I was a little girl.

This is to him; he knows who he is -

Simple Decision

a glimpse into possibility
of all that may be
shadows of the past
wondering if this time it'll last

he says 'yes'
I'll say 'no'
all the possibility
I will try
...we'll see how far we'll go

which road should I take
should I go left or right
what if there are obstacles in the way
how about a dead end
it may cause stress
endless heartaches
just to start over again.
what if...

don't wanna hear that talk
'everything happens for a reason'
or
'deciding not to make a decision is making a decision'

I'm tired
my hands are callused
feet are numb
my body is exhausted
I've lost pieces of myself
with my experience
I've superglued my heart together
more times than I can remember
I have no more tears to cry
that well has run dry

I just wanna know
know I'm making the right choice
don't think I can handle another bump in the road

If this
then that
which is better
what should I do
which way should I turn
whom should I choose

I think I know
I think...
I don't know


Still a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment