About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Whitney Houston


As we all know (unless you've been living under a rock) Whitney Houston passed away over the weekend. It is rather unfortunately that we lost a person with such a strong and wonderful vocal ability. Whitney inspired new artists and she soothed all of our hearts. Even those moments when we had something to say but didn't know how to express ourselves, she was there.

Not knowing her struggles or the complications she may have gone through, I won't even began to try to figure out why the passing of Whitney Houston has come. I will say that I am saddened that it has happened.  Through her music, I felt like I knew her like a distant cousin.  I was always rooting for her.  I do remember when I was a little girl wanting to become a singer just like Whitney Houston. However, I am happy to have had the opportunity to hear and experience her music.



Still a work in progress


*Side note on addiction: When people think about addiction there are always preconceived notions and expectations on how an addict is to be treated. Most people immediately jump on the bandwagon and assume that an addiction is only substance related (i.e. drugs and alcohol). Substance related addictions have become taboo and shunned by society. People are quick to say "No, that doesn't count" to the  non-substance abuse addictions like gaming, gambling, eating, sex and numerous other behavioral addictions people experience.

People annoy me with their know-it-all-judgements. They are so sure of the reason why or how something happened. They do not know what people are going through or that person's mindset so they should just shut the bleep up.

1 comment: