About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Protective Style Challenge

I have decided to enter into this protective style challenge. It was proposed by a natural hair community that I am associated with through Facebook. I would probably have not initially done it but my cousin proposed it so I am showing my support. Hell, I am one week short of my own natural hair anniversary. I might as well have something to show for it.

So, Trhonda is calling the challenge the 'Protective Style Challenge.' You can see all the details here. But the ultimate goal is to keep your hair in protective styles for length retention and moisture during the winter months.

The challenge is to run from today (October 1st) through February 28th!! That's a long time. It feels like I am in a relationship. (LOL. I wish, that's another post) I have even made myself a plan that I am hoping to stick to (until I get bored, anyway):

Wash and Conditioning schedule:
  • Oil/massage scalp - twice a week
  • Co-wash - one week
  • Deep condition - once a month
  • Shampoo hair - once a month 

Vitamins/Daily Supplements
  • Prenatal - one per day
  • Evening Primrose - one per day
  • Flaxseed - one per day

Liquids
  • Drink at least 32oz of water everyday

Style (no more than once a week):
  • Two-strand twists
  • Finger coil twists
  • Flat twists
  • Cornrows



First style: two strand twists


My goal is to grow and retain at least 2 inched of length by February 28th. I currently have 4 1/4 inches of hair in the front  (which are looser curls) and 3 3/4 inches of hair in the back (tight, tight curls) of my head.

Wish me luck, people.

Still a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment