About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Admission of Guilt


Sometimes its hard for us to admit to ourselves what we've done to contribute to being were we are in our lives. We want to blame that idiot that got the job over us, that person who cut us off while we were driving, or even whatever it was that made us late for a very important meeting. We neglect to acknowledge the faults of ourselves.

I have a cousin who says that basically the world is against them. The teacher didn't like 'em or the principal wanted to make an example out of them. What happened to admitting that you messed up too? Everything that happens does so because something else happened first.

I acknowledge my faults. I know what I have done to get from point A to point B. Even though my journey has not gone as planned, I have grown and learned a lot from every turn.

Once we all acknowledge our faults, maybe we can learn from them and then even appreciate them. Our faults are learning experiences that have the potential to make us better. I am a better person for all of my faults which I acknowledge and appreciate.

Beautifully flawed makes me perfectly me. I am beautiful because of my flaws. 


No comments:

Post a Comment