About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Friday, May 4, 2012

21 Day Cleanse

As many of you know, I have been consistently working out since mid-January (about 4-5 times a weeks). My usual mentality is that I can eat anything that I want because I am working out constantly. Big no-no.  I found myself gaining weight. As there is a noticeable difference in my frame because of the bulking up, people are saying that the weight gain is because of the increase in muscle. I beg to differ. I am sure that my occasions of eating Lee's chicken or Chinese on Friday's while doing laundry, or any type of ice cream multiple times a weeks are not helping my determination for a healthier lifestyle.

Last Sunday I embarked on a quest to eat healthier. No more snacking on excessive amounts of cranberries or almonds (Side note -Did anyone know that you can eat too many almonds? I didn't. I ate those like potato chip. Hey, at least they're not Lays.). For 21 days I will be only consuming baked/grilled/sauteed chicken, tuna, fruits, vegetables and egg whites. That means no fats, starches, fat, sugar, or dairy.

Today is day 6. So far so good. I have already noticed a change in my body (I've dropped 5 lbs already) and my appetite (I know that I don't have to eat badly to have tasty foods in my mouth).

15 days to go.

I can do this.


Still a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment