About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Phase or Lifestyle?




I workout a lot some may think. At lease five days at minimum. My workouts can range anywhere between 45 minutes to a couple of hours each on those days but on average the workouts last for about just over and hour.

Someone asked me if this was just a phase or a lifestyle changes I've made. 

It took me a while to think about my response but here it is...

Every week we are given 168 hours to do with as we please.

I am at my job for 9-10 hours Monday-Friday (45-50 hrs weekly) and 
I try to sleep at least 7-8 hours nightly (49-56 hrs weekly).

I am left with about 60 hours in the week to have a social life, hang out with family/friends, run errands (laundry/groceries), workout, meal prep and be a responsible adult. 


Working out keeps me sane. With my dedication to staying active and attempting to get other things done, my planning skills have greatly improved. For me this is a lifestyle not a passing phase. I will take breaks every now and then. I will switch things up but I will keep going because this keeps me level-headed and grounded. I am proud of myself and becoming more confident in myself. For those who know me know that I have not always been able to say that. My self-esteem has grown and my jaded personality has lessened. 


Still a Work in Progress,

Anjah

No comments:

Post a Comment