About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Did You Vote?



As I stand in line this morning I acknowledge that I am blessed to have the privilege and opportunity to vote. So many of our ancestors, men and women of every nationality, have hurt, bleed and died so that I can cast my vote and my voice can be heard.

So I ask you, did you vote today?

I don't care about your political affiliation (rather it be republican, democratic, conservative, liberal or other) as long as we are not infringing upon each others' civil liberties.

Truth be told, I hate being put into any category. Don't ask if I am voting for this political party or that party. If I just voted democratic solely for the sake of being democratic, without being aware of the issues, I'll be going into the election poll only partially equipped with the knowledge necessary to make an educated, fully aware and informed decision. I pride myself on not being closed-minded, judging books by their covers, and as few times as necessary, putting my foot in my mouth.

It's funny to me when people say that they are not going to vote at all because they hate the overall system of the campaign, the government, the presidential candidates or any other multitude of reasons they may come up with. Someone once told me that ‘not making a decision is in fact making one.‘ Those people are making a decision to deal with whatever hand they are dealt without even attempting to make a change. When wanting to save for that dream home or vacation, every penny counts. Just as, more importantly, every voice/vote counts to have an influence on tomorrow.

So, I ask again, did you vote today? Are you making your voice heard and your opinion count? If not, what are you waiting for?


Still a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment