About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Remembering that today is a brand new day. Another opportunity to make things better, do better and be better.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Natural Hair Journey ...so far


8/28/10 - present

I decided on August 28th 2010 to no longer get a relaxer. I went to the salon, initially to get a relaxer but while I sat in the chair I changed my mind. Whenever I would leave the salon, I hated how lifeless my hair felt. I had been thinking, for some time, what it would take for me to stop getting relaxers; but I must admit I was afraid of what I would find. Don't judge me, I know I am not the first person to ever go natural and neither will I be the last but this adventure is new to me and was very scary. 
It has been 15 months since my last relaxer and 12 since I cut off all of the relaxed ends. I am still learning the do’s and don’t's of this journey but I am very much enjoying it every step of the way. I have learned so much about myself as a person and have more confidence than I have ever had. One awesome thing about being natural, you can’t really have a bad hair day. At least I don’t think so, it’s all in how you carry yourself.


Still a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment